The Suga‘ Dudes.

Testing The Suga‘Dudes. 


I am happy that I had the opportunity to test for misssBerlin again! Also at the risk of repeating myself: I LOVE her patterns and especially her little Dudes. Meanwhile they are spread all over my house. 

Her request came at just the right time for me. It comforts me a little bit over the fact that our vacation, planed for mid-march, was canceled due to Corona.

The test was about three new caps only. But of course the final pattern will also contain the instructions for the three cute little Dudes. The recommended yarn for these little creatures and their different caps is mostly a level 2, or sports weight, cotton yarn. 
My favorite yarn is Scheepjes Catona, which is hardly available in Germany, or Schachenmmayr Catania. 
Due to the ongoing lockdown my choice of cotton yarn is slowly shrinking. And I noticed again that I seem to have only a small selection of red shades. But it always seems to me as if I don‘t have the right colors when starting a new project. Do you know this feeling?

I listed the colors that I used in detail on my Ravelry project page. My favorite color for the Dudes themselves is Catona, Linen No. 505, it is a bit lighter than Linen No. 248 from Catania. The Dudes on my photos below are made with Catona.



„....They are bald and shy, so they cover their heads and half of their faces with whatever they find in their surroundings....“ 

..... writes Dana, the person behind misssBerlin, about the Dudes in the intro of her patterns.

This time you have to take care, that they don‘t hide on the coffee table. But that would probably not be a good idea. The Suga’ Dudes look so delicious that they definitely would fall out there.


They come along with some yummy decoration, like Ganache, Candy Sprinkles, Whipped Cream, and a topping of raspberries, strawberry and cherry. 

Everything is explained very well in the pattern. But it‘s always advisable to read first, otherwise you will be like me.





The Cupcake Dude ...



...has a topping of Ganache, Candy Sprinkles and a little red cherry......









The Sundae Dude ...





... makes me drool with his fresh, velvety raspberries








The Waffle Dude...






... comes with a topping of Whipped Cream and strawberry





And here the complete Trio



Aren‘t they cute and yummy? I really love this pattern and enjoyed testing it!

The pattern for the Suga‘Dudes was just released in misssBerlins Ravelry store.













Comments