Spring Time

Spring time, old tests, new tests

In terms of calendar, we have had spring for over 3 weeks now. But the weather outside doesn’t feel like that yet. The nights are still cold and the days chilly. It’s real April weather - as we call it. Sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy, sometimes rainy and we also had some tiny snowflakes. 

Nevertheless nature awakens. The first bushes and fruit trees are blooming and the forest is also beginning to turn green. The sparrows are just preparing to breed under our roof again. And in the morning you are woken up by the chirping of the birds.

I love this time of the year, but I think I actually like every season. I just don’t like the super hot days in summer, when it is too hot for the slightest movement at 40 degrees Celsius.

I am just so exited about the little peach tree that we bought last year and that is blooming on our terrace. It is supposed to stay small so that it can grow in a bucket. 
We also bought a small cherry tree and some apples - all in buckets as our garden is not very big and most of the space is already occupied by an old pine tree and a little birch.

I am curious to see wether we will have some fruits this summer. We already had some very tasty apples last year but the peaches haven’t ripened properly.

Besides looking forward for warmer weather I’ve been very busy the last days. 
Busy with pattern testing, busy with preparing a blog post and busy with House work.

“Old” Tests

I finally finished one of my tests for BebaBlanket. I think she is going to release the pattern on the coming weekend, so I prepared already my Ravelry page and a post about the lap blanket I made.

Besides misssBerlin is currently running a test. New caps for the Dudes. I mentioned it before.
Cuteness overload! I just finished the three new caps, there are only a few beads left that have to be sewn on. Two tiny arms also must be sewn on, as, besides the caps, I managed to make a new Dude as well.
Another reason why I am waiting for better weather. When the sun is shining it is easier to take photos as you don’t have to worry about decent lighting.

“New” Tests

And there are two completely unexpected tests.

One is from Moi-Raya and is about Carreaux Crochet. This is a very special crochet technique where you create a dense and thick fabric. It is double sided but worked in one work step. The motif is shown on both sides, only the colors are switched. Perfect for a potholder, coaster or something like that. 
In 2019 I worked with her for the first time and tested the basics for this technique. Here one of my test patches - front and back side.


                                                

The current test is for different tiles, the motifs are inspired by french flor tiles. 

This is really a demanding test that takes time. The technique is not difficult and neither are the stitches. But I have to concentrate a lot to make no mistakes.

And also Pam from A Yarn of Serendipity designed another lovely square. The test is run in different phases and my part will start at the end of April. I’m really looking forward to it!

I was able to test for Pam for the first time in September last year. To give you an imagination of her lovely work, this is my test version of the Carter Jude Square. 

It is part of a series of squares she designed as a legacy for her grandchildren.



Well, enough for today. Tiny beads are waiting.....

Comments