Soap Cozy

Grünschnabel - Little Green Soap Cozy.

Some time ago I started banning plastic from my bathroom. At least as best as possible.

Among other things I now do completely without normal hair shampoo, conditioner and shower gels. Instead I use soap and shampoo or conditioner bars. And I love it! It not only saves plastic but also space in my bathroom.

This only thing is, when the bar of soap is getting smaller it is hard to deal with. So I got the idea to crochet a little soap sack to use with all the smaller pieces. It works very well!

After I finally found the time to write down the pattern I can now present my first own design.



I called it Grünschnabel. 

Grünschnabel is a German word and is pronounced [ˈɡʁyːnˌʃnaːbl̩]. A Grünschnabel is a young or inexperienced person, a rookie or greenhorn in English. I thought that could be a suitable name for a first, green design.

The yarn is also a German brand, Camilla from Woll Butt. It is a sports weight (#2) cotton yarn, similar to Scheepjes Catona or Schachenmayr Catania. 

My finished soap cozy measures about 9,5 x 10,5 cm (3,75 x 4,25 inch) and is big enough for my 7,5 x 7,5 cm ( 3 x 3 inch) soap bars.

It‘s a quick and easy pattern. If you like to make one for yourself you can download  the pattern here.

Please note: this is not only the first pattern I have ever written down, it is also not tested yet. So if you spot any errors or have questions, please don‘t hesitate to contact me!



 





Comments

  1. I will definitely having a go at the Eleni. I've never used solid shampoo or conditioner but was only looking at it last week. Now I need to take the plunge and give it a go. Thanks for the pattern. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcomed Sue! I hope you like it!

      Delete

Post a Comment