Margaret Square

Margaret Square

A pattern test

In April I was able to test another design of Pam Knighton-Haener from A Yarn of Serendipity.
She designed this lovely square for someone who changed the trajectory of her craft, Margaret.

I used Drops Paris and Drops Love You 8 for this test. I followed color way 1 and replaced the colors as follows

Color A    Off White
Color B    Jeans Blue
Color C    Sage Green

And this is my result



I love the combination of Blue and Sage, it’s kind of calming. 
Using a 4,5 mm hook my blocked square is about 30 cm / 12 inch.

I loved testing this design. Pam’s patterns are always very detailed and well worked out! The skill level is intermediate but every stitch is explained very well. And there are clear and helpful row by row pictures that show exactly the stitch placement and so on. 

If you like the Margaret square you should also have a look at at a series of squares she designed in legacy of her grandchildren. I was able to test one of them in September 2020, the Carter Jude Square. 



The patterns are available in Pam’s Ravelry Store



Comments

  1. Beautiful! Love the Blue and Green together, despite the fact they Blue and Green should never been seen, unless there's something in-between!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad you like it! And yes, I broke the rule. Sometimes I just think it works 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment