When Summer turns into Fall

When Summer turns into Fall

is one of the projects I am working on besides testing crochet patterns. 

It is a pattern by Ana Morais Soares from One Skein Of Love and is done in Mosaic Crochet. I already wrote about it in a previous post

I really love Mosaic Crochet! 

Incredibly that I only got to know about Overlay Mosaic crochet a year ago. I like that it is only worked from the front as I think the stitches look so much neater. Although, sometimes I still get scared when I see all the tails…… 


I fell in love with When Summer turns into Fall at first sight. The warm, autumnal colors Ana has chosen go so well with the name of the blanket and they remind me on autumn leaves in the sunshine and the last warm sun rays on the skin.

So no doubt that I would make this blanket in the original colors:

Parchment, Walnut, Gold, Copper and Lime, all Stylecraft Special DK.

The only change I planned was replacing Lime with Pistachio, one of my new favorite colors, that I bought but never used. 

Unfortunately that didn’t work at all! 

In the original design Lime is combined with Parchment and the pattern comes into its own. When Pistachio is combined with Parchment there is no contrast at all, even in best daylight. So I had to redo this part of the pattern completely. 


Instead of Lime I am now using Nijmegen from Scheepjes Colour Crafter. This shade is (nearly?) identical with SSDK, Lime. I chose Scheepjes as meanwhile I am able to order some of their yarns here in Germany -  that goes so much faster. Stylecraft is mostly shipped directly from UK and nowadays it takes nearly two weeks till it arrives.

Although my progress is very slow, I am happy how my blanket turns out!
And it’s not a race! When I need a break from testing every now and then I crochet a few rows- it’s a very relaxing project.

By the way, my Pistachio now has also found its destination: I am just testing Ana’s new design and I am using Pistachio and Meadow. Don’t they look great together?



The pattern will be released soon!




Comments